Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Scrum in a big corporation

I started as Scrum master less than one year ago, I'm working in a big Telco company in Europe with no previous scrum experience.

As soon as I was introduced to the Agile philosophy and the scrum methodology, I felt completely identified with both.

Quickly, I was given the chance to become Scrum Master for a team within a bigger team of Web developers, suddenly I became a sort of guide in something I had very few experience with! On top of it, our projects are pilot projects to asses the value of Scrum within the corporation.

It is still a big challenge, learning the inner workings of Scrum, the good, the bad, and then facing the stiff resistance of some of the more ancient guys in the team and the corporation itself.

In this blog I would like to share with you my experiences, my success stories, and of course my failures.

Maybe some of the entries will help you not make the same mistakes I'll be doing through the challenge, of course, your input is very much appreciated!

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment